Saturday, January 26, 2008

What does teh tarik and nursing room have in common?

Both of us had this craving...so off we went to meet our smiley Teh Tarik man!If you enjoy having a cuppa,you will definitely lurvvvveee this teh tarik...warm,not too sweet,frothy on the top and it won't leave a bad aftertaste like some teh tariks...yumm....



And our Teh Tarik man is a very nice chap...always smiling and asking how we were.Now that's what I call service.I always tell hubby, this man should get a plaque to honour his good service and great teh tarik.Hmmm...even mentioning it now makes me want a cuppa!


Anyone wants to know where he's at? : )


After a hearty breakfast,we headed down to the Singapore Expo to check out some events.The Halal Showcase was a disappointment this time.We concluded that it was probably targeted more for business opportunists.We went to the JL sale next.Poor hubby had to queue for more than 15 minutes to pay for our five items.He only realized there was an express lane after he made payment.Opps!


There was a furniture sale and I saw this shag carpet that I've always wanted!Of course,even at a sale,these rugs still hold a hefty pricetag so I just gave it a stroke and break away from it.
The health exhibition was the last to be ventured.Hubby got a tad excited about Happy Feet (not the animation,but insoles that presumably make your feet,well,happy...) and he's SOLD!Dear, I still think it costs an arm and a foot...BUT I'm happy if you are happy : )

What was the most fruitful of our day out was to get a health check.The nice people from Alexandra Hospital were there to check our BMI,blood pressure,cholesterol and glucose.


Our little one was getting tired and thirsty by this time.Fortunately,Singapore Expo has EVENTUALLY put up a proper nursing area.It was long overdue.Before,wheelchair-bound washrooms were converted to baby changing rooms,which I think was unfair to those on wheelchairs,at the same time,healthy adults with no baby in hand, were unjustly using those wahsrooms.I used to scorn at both these inconsiderate beings and the management there.Now, the new nursing area has three private rooms with comfortable seats,apart from a separate baby-changing space.On behalf of all nursing mothers like me,I earnestly beseech for more places to have this.It helps us a lot.

So,what does teh tarik and nursing room have in common?Hmmm....they both make me warm and comfy....

No comments: