Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bon Appetit!


I shall name him my 'Prince of Fruits'.Give him any kind of fruit and he'll eat it.

We've had our share of baby's tantrums thrown at us when it comes to mealtimes.There were a few weeks that we encountered food being splattered or spat back on the floor when he refused to eat.This is simply a passing phase, or so, we hoped.He still chooses what he wants to eat at every mealtime.Certain days he'd finished a bowl of porridge,other days he didn't even want to look at it.Most times he would want what we are eating.

But give him a piece of fruit,any fruit,he would eat it happily.Watermelon is his favourite.Apples,oranges,papayas,pears,cherries,kiwis,bananas, he had it all.A week or so ago though,as I was tucking into my durian,he asked for it.At first I gave him a taste....then he wants more....ohhh....he's one of us alright!Insatiable appetite for durians!I had to pry him away from eating too much of that.Hah, who would have thought, a fourteen-month old loving durians!Come to think of it, I craved and ate durians nearly every week during my final term of pregnancy...maybe that's why!

We have to keep in mind to give our baby nutritious food at all times.We are gradually giving him tastes of 'adult food'.Yesterday he had some arab food....home-cooked shabsuka.As much as he wanted to have it, it was a tad spicy.So,maybe next time, my love, when you are a bit older ok?

No comments: