Saturday, January 12, 2008

Turkish Delight

On a hunt for hubby's new phone today.Had a few in mind, but still undecided so he's still holding on to my old phone.

After leaping in and out of a few stores,our tummies started rumbling.Instead of going for the tried and tested,we decided to head over to a turkish restaurant that was just a stone's throw away from where we were.

Deliturk Authentic Turkish Restaurant - I had my usual Iskender Kebab.It had become a habit that if I had a meal at a turkish restaurant, I had to order that.So far, none of the restaurants in Singapore could serve a mean dish of Iskender Kebab, as compared to the one I had in Ankara,Turkey.There,not only was it piping hot,with a delicious mouth-watering sourish taste of tomato and yogurt showered over the tender and juicy lamb kebab, it was inadvertently served by a good-looking Turkish waiter (*note* I was still single then, hence the excitement.hah!)

So maybe it was the presence of the waiter that makes the meal tasted extra special.Yet I believe that even if it was without (though it would be impossible for me to get the food..hehe...), that Iskender Kebab of Ankara was undeniably, lip-smackingly good!

Notwithstanding, the hummus at Deliturk was just ok.It didn't come with the big, round fluffy bread (I couldn't recall what it's called) , but a pide instead.I must say hummus and pide didn't quite make it hand in hand.Hubby ordered a set of kebabs, with tereyagli pilav (buttered rice) and bread.It was not outstanding either.The pilav was a disappointment.

Of course, as I got reminded of Turkey, I had to ask hubby, when are we going there?!



Later,we took our li'l prince to the rooftop playground for some playtime since he had been itching to get out of his highchair throughout our lunch.

No comments: