Thursday, March 20, 2008

I wanna play!

Since last weekend's adventure (of my 17-month-old,that is),I've been scouring for other new places that we can venture to.Places where he can let his curly hair down (hah!),run free,climb,jump and the sorts!

So far,I managed to get these info....solely from the net.

1. Explorerkid @ Downtown East, Pasir Ris. http://www.explorerkid.com/
It's a club for children below the age of 12.It has an indoor playground and other areas such as toddler area,lighted ball pool...It promises fun,entertainment and learning.

2. Fidgets @ #04-05 Turf City http://www.fidgets.com.sg/
This was recently opened on the 9th March this year so there are no reviews available.It is Singapore's indoor soft play structure and is able to house up to 80 children and has 100 seat cafe.

3. Playground @ BigSplash, East Coast http://www.playground.com.sg/
Newly opened too.There's Frisk N Romp (not the adults style,mind you..*chuckle*).This is an indoor kids' playclub.Apart from that,there are various activities that can be done out in the sun at East Coast.On the downside,there are not many halal food outlets available there. *roll eyes* (if I'm not mistaken,there's only KFC....)Very disappointing.

4.One-north@ One North Park beside Chromos building at Biopolis www.one-north.sg/playground
Frankly, I have no clue where this is.Near NUH/NUS perhaps.*shrugs* This is an interactive childrens' playground,with vary classy designs and cool bright colours.Check it out and let me know what you think.

Just this afternoon,hubby stumbled upon this too.....Jacob Ballas Children's Garden at Botanic Gardens.Here's an excerpt from a blog ('written' by a 3-year-old) -

Finally, a garden delicated to us - the little people.

What i love about this garden is that everything is mini compact in size - from the cafe set up (little chairs and tables, cool!) down to the toilet facilities (yay! no more oversized toilet bowls that threatens to “swallow” us whole!).

To add to the exclusivity, entry to this garden is restricted to children 0 to 12 years old and any adult who wants a peek into this garden MUST be accompanied by children. This means my presence is really important. No KIDS? Sorry, No entry! Thou shalt not say more and let the pictures do the talking.

You may check this out at http://www.nparks.gov.sg/blogs/young_gardeners/index.php/2007/11/08/jacob-ballas-childrens-garden-through-the-eyes-of-a-3-year-old/

I'm also thinking of going to Istana tomorrow since it's a public holiday and it's open to public...if the weather permits.I'm curious to see what lies behind those gates (yes,I've spent more than a quarter century living in Singapore and I've never been there!)

Oooooh,I'm getting excited to visit there places.If only my little boy knows what is in store for him...hah.I don't think he could sleep a wink if he does : )

No comments: