Thursday, March 27, 2008

Come hither and say hi!

I've always adored children who are good-natured,friendly and sociable.Kids who do not shun from or afraid of strangers,instead they take delight in meeting new people.I remember when I was at a train station in Melbourne,an adorable little boy came by,sat beside me and actually said hi.We started having a delightful conversation,while his parents,standing a few metres away from us,simply smiled.When the train arrived,he waved goodbye and said he hoped to see me again.I was pleasantly surprised by this genial young gentleman.You know how talking to kids just makes your day...with their infectious smile and aura of innocence....I will always remember that cute little boy.

In my tiny heart,I've always hoped that when I have children some day,I want them to be like that....friendly and outgoing.

Indeed,my little prince is as such.

Just a few days back,when we were on a train,he had used the balloon in his hand to gently tap on a nice,elderly couple who was standing beside his pram.When they turned to him,he waved his balloon in an attempt to play with them.He chuckled and laughed when he obtained their attention.Then he started a conversation which comprised of baby babble and gestures.The Caucasian lady bent down and spoke to him in French.I was utterly amused by their exchange.My baby was so lively and animated!For a minute it seemed they nearly understood each other!

At other times,my little one would wave his tiny hand to strangers,just to say hi.He would call out to a neighbour in the lift until that person looks at him and he'd smile.He'd even tap someone to start a conversation!

While it is true that we must teach our children to be wary of strangers,ironically I believe it is imperative that they must be affable and outgoing as it not only nurtures their personality,it also boasts their confidence when interacting with others.

Or perhaps,it simply shows my baby has got his gregarious personality from his daddy and me : )

No comments: