Friday, March 21, 2008

Harem

I went to Harem today.

No,not a place where wives and concubines lived like in the old days.*roll eyes* Harem,as in Arabic,means women,and this place that I went to,is a body and spa salon especially for women.

It's situated in the smack of Siglap,between some restaurants and spas.I came across this a few months back while searching for salons for muslimah,that is,exclusively for women only.I found only three so far,Harem in Siglap,the other two in Tampines (which I don't quite fancy) and Joo Chiat respectively.

Harem is on the second floor on that of a 'shophouse'.Stepping into a rather spacious and serene atmosphere,I was greeted warmly by one of its owners.My hairstylist was a pleasant,petite lady.She asked what haircut I was interested in and gave her views what was best for me.Throughout the cut,she would seek my reassurance time and again,which I appreciated thoroughly.Unlike the salon at Tampines,she did not push to sell any hair products.She also advised me on how to manage and care for my hair accordingly,especially since I am wearing hijab.Overall,I was happy with their service,not only with my new haircut *wink...* but also on their warm service.But all these came with a price a tad more than the usual,no doubt. : )

So for those women who wish to indulge themselves-be it a fancy haircut,facial,body massage or even waxing *ouch*,you may want to try out Harem!And please,share with me your experiences.

No comments: