Monday, March 15, 2010

She and He

My darling son just turned 3 yrs 6mths a few days ago.Half a year more and he's going to be four.I can't believe it.I can still remember those contractions I had with him inside my womb...that car ride on the way to hospital,with hubby and me grinning from ear to ear...and now,more than 3 years had passed....as he lay asleep,I still kissed him numerous times,just like I did when he was a baby.

He got me screaming some days,exasperated at times but he has never failed to make me smile and laugh just the same.He's so independent now,making his own choices of what he wants to eat,or what he'd like to wear sometimes.And he loves giving me a helping hand,like doing the laundry or making pancakes in the morning,albeit making more of a mess at times rather than helping.

Recently,we got a new handheld vacuum cleaner and of course,he HAD to help!


"I want to do it,umi!"


He's sooooo happy he got to vacuum the sofa,he didn't want to stop!

Speaking of independent,this is him,wanting to eat chicken fajita for 3 days straight!He kept saying he wanted 'chicken fatiha'!It was hilarious,he kept mispronouncing fajita as fatiha!


Happy with his fajita,with loads of cheese and vegetables!

As for his darling sister,well,I'm glad they get along fine.The brother adores hugging her while she tries to free herself.She always want to wake her brother up whenever he is taking his compulsory afternoon nap before going to school,just so she can play with him.She's delighted whenever she sees her brother in the van coming back from school.They giggle and run around the house all the time.It's simply heartwarming to see them together.

When she's not attached to her brother,she'd be my shadow,just inches away from me.She'd hold on to my legs when I'm doing the dishes,she'd wait for me by the door when I'm in the bathroom,she'd want to eat what I'm eating even after she had burped heartily after her meal.

These days,I'm waiting for her to call me 'umi'.Hmmm....that'd be a delight : )


She's babbling some german or thai or some language now,in her attempt to communicate with us.But I know she understands us.She'd take the kitchen towel to wipe her mouth,she'd even help put the clean laundry on the sofa when we tell her to.

And last night,she took a book from the shelf just before bedtime.She knew it was time to read.

Here she is,with her cute tiger's roar.

For all these precious moments I have with my two babies,I wish I could put them in a box.I always remind myself to cherish each moment I spend with them,each silly,funny,heartwarming thing that they do : )

No comments: