Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why,it's a Wii!

Hubby and I were excited to go to his company's picnic (though it was not really a picnic this year as it was held indoors!).The venue this year was The Legends at Fort Canning Park.Though we were not late,hubby drove like a race-car driver and we reached there way before 9.I was surprised to see a handful of his collegues were already there...I thought we had to wait upon an empty ballroom...They were far different from my former collegues,I guess,who loved a superstar grand entrance.haha....

Met his friends again and was introduced to some who are new in the company.There were a lot more employees there now since the company's doing rather well and employing more (which means more work for hubby as he needs to train them!).After about ten minutes or so,I was craning my neck to see if breakfast would be served for us.I was famished!Oooohh yes,what a delight when I saw carrot cake and sandwiches being served to my rumbling tummy.I wasted no time....and even had triple servings.*grin*

The rest of the morning was spent playing telematches.Darling son kept running forward to his daddy when he was playing those games and protested when I took him away from daddy so I had to amuse him with other stuff.Other older kids get to paint clays at the kids' area but since he's too young for that,I enticed him with those free-flow chocolates and raisins.

I was getting hungry (yet again) by 10+.Fortunately,more food was served soon after.I had some rice,noddles,salmon,chicken,mutton and vegetables....apart from chocolate eclairs!The food was yummy!But the eclairs can't beat the ones from Thomson Catering.Later,I had more fill of course...hey,I'm eating for two,ain't I?!

We were all anxious for the Lucky Draw....that's the hightlight of the entire event!Winners after winners were announced....hubby and I were quietly hoping that his name would be picked,though not so soon.He confidently whispered that we'd win the top 3...hmmm.....and so WE DID!Alhamdulillah!When the MC announced the second prize winner's name starts with 'I',hubby was beaming!So we got ourselves a cool......


...Nintendo Wii Sports!

We were gleaming....But we had decided that as fun as this could be for us,we don't really have the time for this (we are not 'gamers' or so to say too....),what with our young son and another baby coming up,it's not the time for this...maybe,when our kids are older,heck,yes...it'd be fun!

So yup,we have decided to put this up for sale (like our prize last year...hehe...).Hopefully,when hubby gets back from New Zealand (yes,I'm all missing him now!),we'll get a buyer and a good sale for this!

Anyone interested? : )

No comments: