Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Boo hoo!

We had a good meal at a relative's place on Saturday,celebrating the birth of their second grandchild.It was after 4 when we make our way to the car.Our precious son was carried by sis-in-law.We were chatting when all of a sudden,sis-in-law tripped and fell!There was no time to react,one moment she was walking beside me and the next,she was on the ground.I tried to grab either of them,but my effort was futile.I heard a loud thud as my son's head hit the rough gravel!At that moment,it seemed as if I couldn't breathe.I dropped whatever I had in my hands and grabbed him.He was crying so loud by then,it must have hurt so bad.I checked and re-checked for any injuries over and over again.Fortunately,I didn't see any....but that loud thud....I was quite sure he'd be bleeding.

Alhamdulillah,sis-in-law was fine...and so was my son.Sis-in-law was mortified and of course,blamed herself for what happened...I even noticed tears in her eyes as she apologised....we all know it was an accident.No one wanted this to happen.We were just glad that no one was hurt.

I was pacifying my baby the entire time afterwards....hugging and kissing him endlessly...then trying to make him smile again.He stopped crying after a while but was still holding me tight.Hubby and I kept a lookout for any signs of distress or injury that day.He played as usual...as active and chatty as ever,and he slept well during the night so we were relieved.But that incident got me shook up.I kept hearing that loud thud and the incident kept playing in my head over and over again.I kept thinking,what if the worst happened?If his head bled?If we had to rush him to the hospital?I could have been more swift in catching him or trying to break the fall....I should have walked on the left instead of the right so perhaps that would have prevented the fall,right?Those crazy questions kept ringing in my head.I kept stroking his head that night when I was breastfeeding him...and I couldn't help having tears rolled down my face.The only way I managed to ease my unsettled emotions was by talking about it with hubby.He helped pushed my paranoia away.

It took me a while to be fine again...and I've since stopped checking his head for any visible signs of injuries.But I hope that kind of thing will never happen again.It's one thing when you are hurt,it hurts even more when your child is.

Anyway,we got him a nice gift that evening.Went to a furniture store and got him a bright-coloured study table and chairs....so he'd have a nice place to do his drawings and schoolwork : )

At the store.....


After several minutes of screwing and knocking,hubby and I managed to get these up!Notice my son's 'art pieces'? ; )

No comments: