Thursday, July 3, 2008

First day of school at Shichida

It was in March that we signed him up for a class at Shichida.As we couldn't get the one in April,we had to wait for another 3 months.The class is at Toa Payoh Hub instead of my preferred choice at Anson Road.So the night before his class commenced,we had an early night (I didn't want to overslept either!) and embarked on our journey early next morning.

Notorious for my late-coming,we left the house very early and take an express bus.Delighted by the super-fast bus journey,my son was the first student to arrive at Shichida.We had our starter kit in hand,apart from receiving a T-shirt for my genius!



I was anxious to sit in class with my son and explore this right-brain learning programme.After some introduction,the activities for the children rolled out.There were 6 kids in his class,ranging from 21-24 months old.My precious one was excited whenever he saw his teacher taking out new materials for a new activity and would extend his hand to the teacher.There were some activities whereby he managed to recapture some images flashed to him,but he has not manage to determine numbers,such that when I showed him a certain number 10 and then asked him to point to me where was number 10 in the next card,he was unable to.But in the 'parent telepathy' activity,he managed to get the item right.Sometimes,he got a tad distracted by a kid seated on his right,who adored grabbing my son's items, and by another girl who cried whenever she stepped into the class (I sympathised with the kid and her mum coz they missed out the entire class).But all in all,he enjoyed being there.

We will have another class next week before I have to attend a Parent Education Course which would give us a better understanding on the programme and the principles of home practice activites,that is,to teach us the best way to tap our child's potential.

Why place my son in Shichida?And to start 'school' at such a young age?I am not a 'kiasu' parent who wants to enrol her child in as many activities and programmes,believing that he would learn everything.Hubby and I placed our son in this not only to have an insight on how to better bond with him while bringing him up in a stimulating environment....but also hopefully,with the ability to have photographic memory,he would be a 'hafiz' one day,Insya Allah.Amin.

No comments: