Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You and Me

Once upon a time,there was a girl who minded her own business....till her friend came along.Her friend desperately wanted to matchmake the girl with this boy (whose a friend of a friend) as she was curious to discover her magical matchmaking skills.The girl was adamant in saying no....she thought little,if not,nothing of it.To go on a blind date was utterly embarrassing and scary.But her friend was not willing to take no for an answer and coaxed her to meet this boy just once.With a futile sigh,she nodded.

That girl was me.

Though I nearly cancelled on the date at last minute,I braved myself up and waited for that boy to arrive.He might be funny-looking or weird...or a sex-maniac.....or worse,boring!I laughed timidly as I thought of it.How do I manage an hour or two of dinner with a person like that?!

As it turned out,the boy is cute,in a manly sort of way,has a wicked sense of humour,kind,chivalrous and makes me feel at ease.

That one date turned to many,many dates....

Three weeks later,he popped the question.

I seriously thought that he had gone mental and told him so.But as mental as he was,I was crazy for him too.For all the beauty of his heart that I adore,I could not put a finger to why I agreed to marry him.My gut simply says he's the one and my heart knows for sure it's true.

Though friends and family were utterly surprised (and curious!) by my announcement,they were all delighted.

Two months later,we got engaged.

Eight months later,on a beautiful morning at Orchid Country Club,flanked by loving family and friends,we were pronounced as husband and wife.



That was three years ago....

And tomorrow is going to be our wedding anniversary.

For all the things that I want to say,dear,I don't think there are enough words to express how much you meant to me.

Perhaps for now, just these three words....I love you.


The Day I Met You

When I met you I found out what true love was,
Still today it amazes me what it really does,
I've always been in love with you even when we were apart,
From the moment I saw you I knew you'd always have my heart.

I knew with all that I am,one day I'd be your wife,
And when that day came I had a meaning to my life,
We've been through ups and downs these past three years,
Our love keeps growing stronger and stronger that's pretty clear,
Thank you my husband for loving me and sticking by my side,
When I think of you,my husband,I am filled with so much pride.

No comments: