Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Muaythai

I saw an ad in the papers today...that brought me back many fond memories.

It's about Muaythai.Yup,Thai boxing or kickboxing as some may call it.I immediately went to its website bnm.com.sg to check out what's happening...though I know I won't be signing up for it,as much as I yearn to!I'd probably break a bone or two or end up with cool blue bruises if I were to join now.hah!But yeah,I was into this once upon a time.It started when I signed up at Amore,got to know my trainer,Chris,who's fully trained in Thailand,coupled with his buddy and with a few friends,we decided to start a Muaythai class.We started small but the class soon got bigger and that was when the fun started.We booked certain places/rooms to hold our classes.Got around buying boxing gloves,hand wraps,ankle guards and other training equipment.We learnt the techniques of hook,cross,uppercut,roundhouse kick just to name a few.

It was not only fun....but breaking a sweat through muaythai,was a stress-reliever on top of getting a full body workout.I always look forward to it.

That seems like a lifetime ago.

Maybe some day I'd get to coax hubby into joining this with me (he's not really into tough,kick-ass chick,you see...don't know why he fell in love with me...I kept asking him that...lol).Or perhaps,I'd get to see the beauty of this again through my son's eyes....when he's older,when I enrol him to this muaythai class for kids.

I wonder what his daddy might think?

No comments: