Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day weekend.

To me,being a mum is the most precious thing.It's an undescribable euphoria when you hold your baby for the first time....and for a million times after that.It's the smile on their faces that keeps you going even when you are too tired.It's the sacrifice you make that you don't even mind.Being a mum is a blessing!

So Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mummies out there!You rock!hehe....

I read with much amuse when I saw the cover page of the Sunday Times....

$23,000 a month-An HR expert says that's the amount a stay-at-home mother would be paid if you consider all the jobs she performs.Agree?

The 'jobs' that were listed were executive housekeeper,childcare teacher,chef,personal assistant and driver.Wow!$23,000 a month to do what I'm doing now?I think you'd see me shopping every other day instead.haha!When I told hubby to read on this,he rolled his eyes till I couldn't see his irises!

Mother's Day weekend was busy for me,not so much of doing chores though (luckily!).We spent our Saturday across the causeway since it had been months since we last drove over.The little one's diapers and Anakku wet tissue stocks were depleting so we braved the jam a bit to get across.Fortunately,it was not so bad after hubby manoeuvered over to the Second Link instead after we saw a sign stating that there was a bad jam at BKE going towards the checkpoint.

We filled our rumbling tummies at Kenny Roger's once we reached out destination.The service was bad,I tell you.Apparently,they don't serve water (they won't inform us immediately when we ordered for it,so we waited until we nearly choked on our food and asked for it again,it was only then they would tell you that they don't serve water).We had to do waves and dances before we could get any attention from the waiters.The food and drinks came after a long wait.Fortunately,the food was ok (I love the banana muffin.yumm!).

We didn't shop for many groceries this time round as it seemed that most of the things that we wanted to get were priced much higher than they were in Singapore.Or perhaps,we should have gone to Giant instead of the 'grand' building of Jusco.Next time perhaps.....

I was truly looking forward to yoga on Sunday morning.A lesson was missed last week as hubby couldn't be home to look after the little one.This Sunday morning,I was raring to go.I had not been to any exercise class since I got married!It was sooooo bad.I used to take up kickboxing for a few years and yoga for about a year.It was truly therapeutic to put on those gloves and do your sidekicks and punches and simply go crazy.Since I couldn't take that up now,yoga is the next best thing.Of course,for those who have done this,you would know it is not as easy as it looks.

Though my former instructor,Rai,was better than my new one,I enjoyed my new class tremendously and it was only later in the night that I began to feel some aches because of those cactus,cobra and camel poses that I did!



But I feel really good! : )

No comments: