Sunday, June 28, 2009

Counting the days

People often thought that I've gotten used to hubby going on his business trips.

Yeah,he goes overseas nearly every month,short trips usually for about a week.

Short trip you may say...only for a couple of days....but that doesn't mean I've gotten used to it.

Though I'm not as hung up as I was before,I still wish he's around the house (or his local office) instead of somewhere across the globe.

And of course,I still miss him terribly : (

I know he has to work...it's for all of us...but I miss him dearly.And I know he does too.Everytime the day comes for him to go for another trip,he'd be saying he wished he didn't have to go.That perhaps someone else would do it instead.He'll be looking all sad...
It helped that I have my 2 kids now...at least time seems to move a tad faster.But when the kids are asleep at night,oh boy,it just seems weird coz usually hubby and I would have that time to ourselves (with no kids interrupting!) to have a snack,watch tv (like tonight,we always watch Harper's Island) or simply chat and enjoy each other's company.

Sometimes though,out of the blue,my son would utter something that makes me kinda sad for him...coz I know he misses his daddy.He'd say,'nak kiss abah',where's abah,umi?' before he goes to sleep at night.Or when he wakes up in the morning,he'd just open the bedroom door and looked for his daddy in the other room as his dad is often in front of the pc in the morning after subuh,before he goes to work.And when he couldn't find his daddy there,he'd scutter to the kitchen and around the house hollering for him.

He'd be asking me over and over again,'where's abah,umi? abah's in an airplane?' .These are the things that makes me sad for my baby...and I'll miss hubby all over again.

I'm ok with hubby going on his biz trips....I know he has to work,doing it for us.But please,don't assume that I've got used to it.As if I haven't said it enough,I still miss him very much.

He's on his flight to New Zealand now....Me?I'm counting the days,as always,to him coming home to me....

No comments: