Friday, January 30, 2009

Life with two

So...it has been more than 3 weeks that I began my life with two...

With my two darling babies,that is...

So far,it has been swell!Tired?Of course.Sleepy?You bet.Sometimes time doesn't seem to be on my side and I have to stretch myself for both (for three if I include hubby!).But as crazy as it is,I love them all.I love taking care of them myself.I'm still trying to plan the day wisely so that I'd have time to do all the stuff required without going bonkers.Alhamdulillah,my baby girl sleeps well and wakes up every 3 hours or so.At times,I have to wake her up to feed or change her.Most of my energy goes to my 2 year old of course,who demands my attention.He wants to eat,play,study,everything with me (when his daddy's not around).That's ok I guess...I'm just glad that he's doing fine with his baby sister.He'll laugh when he notices his sister looking in his direction.He'll want to 'carry' and hug her at times.I encourage him to read and play with her and he seems to love doing so.When he hears her cry,he'll go over to her crib and say,"Don't cry,Zahraa...sabar...sabar...".It's so adorable,I tell ya!

I know things would be different as they grow older.Perhaps it'd be tougher for me as a parent,managing two kids with minds of their own.Well,I'll take it as it comes.What I need to do is to have time for both of them to learn and play together...as well as separate special time with each of them.I hope I can manage that : )

Anyway,this confinement time is getting to me (I'm not for rules!hehe).I was soooo itching to go out and what better timing-hubby had a long time off from work because of the CNY.But it was not so simple now that we have two!Last weekend when we were at a supermarket,things got a little berserk.Our son was grabbing one stuff after another from the shelves and his daddy was trying to control him AND carry the heavy shopping basket.I was trying to locate the things scribbled on my shopping list,amidst the crazy CNY crowd while trying to coax my crying baby girl who was wailing for milk!There we were-hubby and me-like 'sotong'...we couldn't even communicate with each other as we try to appease the two kids!Everyone seemed to be staring at us...haha!It didn't seem funny then though!So eventually,with my left hand carrying my girl and my right holding my vivacious boy,we marched back to the car so that I could feed my girl and get my boy away from the chocolates and other temptations that he was grabbing in the supermarket.Later,I couldn't help but giggle when I saw hubby trudging wearily as he wrestle to carry the pram and the heavy shopping bags to the car.Hah,so this is what having two kids is like,eh!

It's the weekend again tomorrow....oooohhh weeeeee.....I'm so glad!I just want to go out!Have some good food and maybe do a little naughty shopping (not just the marketing and grocery shopping I mean!)....if my babies allow....Guess I have to see what our two kids have in store for us tomorrow.... : p

No comments: