Monday, September 1, 2008

As Ramadhan knocks on our doors.....

Alhamdulillah,we get to meet Ramadhan again.

I hope to be able to fast the entire month of Ramadhan since I'm pregnant thus won't be having any 'days off'.*grin* This would be the second time that I fast when I'm pregnant.The first was in 2006-I was in my third trimester and my baby boy and I managed to fast up till I gave birth to him on the 18th Ramadhan.Hopefully now,my baby girl and I are able to do it : ) But of course,during my first pregnancy,I took leave from work (I was a court interpreter so my work involved a lot of talking and that in itself can be challenging!) so I had plenty of time to rest and laze around at home.Now,circumstances are different-I have an active toddler who requires plenty of attention and often demands to eat and share food with him.haha!

My gynae asked the other day if I'm going to fast.She was concerned as I have not been putting as much weight as I should have.The thing is,it has always been a tad difficult for me to put on weight (thanks to my metabolism).Plus,I'm still nursing my son.But yes,I've been eating as usual of course,sometimes more than ever,but I've been eating a lot of fruits now,I just crave for fruits!More often than not,I'd be hungry and eating away.Maybe the 'required weight' would pile in later on...*shrug* Not too much though I hope!Even in my first pregnancy,people said that my tummy's small,my baby's small...blahh...blah....But he was a healthy 3kg baby when he was born.Just as long as my baby's healthy,eh?Anyway,I'm determine to fast....as long as baby girl and me are healthy and fine,Insya Allah.So doa for us,will ya? : )

Have a blessed Ramadhan everyone.Let's all get the best of what this month offers to us,Insya Allah.

No comments: